Every Diesel Repair Shop Needs SEO
You own a Diesel Repair Shop. You know that almost no one uses paper yellow pages directory anymore. So how can you help people find your company? First step: make a website. Second step: to help more people find your website is with search engine optimization. In the end every shop needs diesel repair shop SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of increasing a website’s ranking and position in organic (unpaid) search engine results. Good SEO is essential because over 90% of clicks to your website from search engines come from listings on the first page of any search results.
If you own a diesel repair shop, for example, you want to be sure that when prospective new customers near your business search for “diesel service” you are positioned as high as possible on the first page of the search results as possible. The difference between page one and page two, and then between position one and position ten (bottom of page one) is HUGE. [link to search position click through rates]
It is difficult to know exactly how search engines determine ranking. Major search engines, like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, don’t (won't) tell how they rank websites. Their index algorithms are top secret! But SEO experts have experimented and tested search engines to uncover roughly how they evaluate factors such as your website content, structure, citations, and inbound and outbound links (links leading to or away from your website).
With the rapid change and amount of knowledge required to perform effective SEO, doing it yourself is near impossible. To get SEO that works you need to hire an SEO professional.
Qualities To Look For In An SEO Firm
Effective SEO companies know what is required to obtain a first-page ranking in your case. Every business has different SEO needs. There is no "one" SEO strategy that works for everyone. A good SEO expert will analyze your business and tailor their SEO recommendations to meet your requirements.
You want to find a company that:
- does a comprehensive SEO analysis to determine a strategy for optimization. Studies show that your ranking is related to 15% what is found on your website, and 85% what they find out on the web:
- they should look at your website structure and optimization,
- they should look at your on-line presence such as the number and quality of citations (mentions of your company on the Internet) and links to your website (both you get from having a listing on www.DieselVille.com), along with many other ranking factors;
- performs a comprehensive keyword analysis to identify what keywords should be targeted for YOUR business.
You’ll also want to consider:
- The SEO firm's tracking tools: can they monitor how traffic to your site is increasing?
- Their typical client business size: do they cater to small, mid-size, large, or enterprise businesses? The knowledge and methods differ greatly.
- Pricing: SEO firms charge in various ways including flat rate, hourly, monthly, and per project.
A good indication of a firm's SEO skills is their own ranking and position for popular SEO keywords. Wouldn't you want to hire an SEO firm that has excelled in its own SEO? Although SEO is a very challenging keyword topic to rank for, a good SEO firm should be able to get their own company to be well positioned in search engines!
Check out Robert Maxim Web Solutions for high quality diesel shop websites and diesel repair shop SEO.